Lycoming College is hiring a Custodian! This is a key member of the Buildings & Grounds team that performs routine and non-routine custodial maintenance as part of a team assigned to specific buildings or areas on campus. The custodian position plays an important role in helping keep campus beautiful.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation’s oldest and most respected residential liberal arts colleges. The College provides a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations. The College proudly celebrates and values the principle of inclusive excellence. Our community of scholar teachers collaborates with and mentors 1,100 active learners, including 37 percent international and domestic students of color, representing 39 states, territories, and countries. In accordance with the institution’s 2021 Strategic Plan, Lycoming College has committed to recruiting more faculty and staff from historically underrepresented groups with the recognition that doing so advances institutional excellence. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. Lycoming ranks 107th in US News National Liberal Arts College category and has been named by The Princeton Review as one of The 389 Best Colleges and Universities. Students partner with faculty in doing original research, thrive in a robust program of internships, study abroad in more than two dozen countries and compete in 19 NCAA Division III sports. Lycoming College’s strong endowment-per-student provides the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.
What will I do in this role?
- Proper use of custodial materials, supplies and equipment to perform custodial and housekeeping services.
- Dusting, polishing, floor cleaning, cleaning interior and exterior surfaces.
- Removal of trash and recyclable materials.
- Assisting with the set up for meetings, classrooms, conferences, and special events.
What are we looking for?
- One year of industrial or commercial cleaning experience preferred.
- Must be energetic, a positive team player, and able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Physical requirements include the ability to frequently bend, kneel, stoop, push / pull, reach above and below shoulder height, climb ladders and stairs, and routinely lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs. unassisted and move objects up to 50 lbs. with assistance as needed.
What We Offer!
The starting pay for this position is $13.07 per hour. This position will primarily work Monday through Friday 3am-11am timeframe.
Lycoming College has an excellent benefits package that includes:
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Health insurance – with a wide variety of health plan options available
- Dental insurance, including orthodontia coverage.
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Life & accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 9% contributions from the College
- Free tuition for employees, spouses, and eligible dependents at Lycoming College
- Free tuition for eligible dependents at over 600 colleges nationwide through Tuition Exchange, Inc.
- Free tuition for employees, spouses, and eligible dependents at the Pennsylvania College of Technology
Paid Leave Benefits:
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 14 holidays per year
- Summer hours
- 10% discount at the campus bookstore, excluding textbooks and snacks.
- Reduced rates for meal packages for on-campus dining facilities.
- Use of the campus recreations center and gym facilities for employees.
- Use of the campus Library.
How do I Join the Warrior Team?
Please submit a resume if possible and the names and contact information for three professional (prior supervisors) references. A criminal history background check will be conducted upon offer of employment.
Lycoming College Proudly Celebrates and Values Diversity!
We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.